IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!

What makes me mad?

Oh, just about anything

Why?

It's what I like to do

Why publish it?

Why not?

Saturday 30 October 2010

VW Camper Caper Saturday 30.10.10


Today we've had a really good day out, well, tail end of the day out! The day ended with us surfing, but began with us going off to Minehead on a DUB DUB GOOSECHASE

Our hunt is on for a VW Camper, preferably one from the 1970's, so imagine our pleasure when we found one on EBAY; and WON IT - YIPEEEEEE!!!!

Our parameter was/is straightforward: to have a Camper that will hold its' value until next summer, when we'll sell it. By that time it will have given us a  great time at GLASTONBURY and a week, or two surfing on the NORTH SOMERSET/DEVON/CORNWALL COAST. These little vans fulfil the bill perfectly.

Today we went to pick it up. With almost 4 grand in a plain brown envelope, a 4 hour round trip and 200 quid deposit given by pay pal, I guess that  demonstrates our real commitment to the purchase. It's a pity the vendor wasn't as committed as us to the sale, or maybe it's a scam. 

The Camper turned out to be a 'project' rather than a 'lovely' van, with much of the lower bodywork painted with a paint brush (yes a KNIFE AND FORK JOB), and RUST IN EVERY PANEL, some of it serious, which is considerably more than the two filled patches and few superficial bits of rust the owner had owned up to. The vendor wasn't there, having asked someone else to deal with us. So, no deposit returned. We are the second people in as many weeks to suffer this fate. That's the same income as some people receive for two weeks hard graft. Nice work if you can get away with it. 

I wasn't overly pleasant, rounding off with a mention of SOLICITOR if the deposit wasn't returned to us PDQ.

THIS MEANS WAR.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.