IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!

What makes me mad?

Oh, just about anything

Why?

It's what I like to do

Why publish it?

Why not?

Friday 10 December 2010

Frost INSIDE our window Thursday 9.12.10

HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE 


this aint!!

In fact this is freezing INSIDE of our living room window, showing that Jack Frost has graced us with a visit.

These days some famous people, who are famously keen to stake a claim on their humble origins, keep banging on about, how, when they were kids, they were so poor that, in winter, they always had frost inside their windows . They shamble on about getting up on freezing mornings and washing (yep, not showering/bathing - no such fripperies in those days), all without the aid of that modern safety net - 

CENTRAL HEATING.

Welcome to my world, famous people.

WELL KIND-A

Our curtains are very heavy. The cold stays out there and the heat in here - just as it did in their day. Once the curtains are opened, the ice melts from the window pain and becomes the scourge of the modern home, condensation. We do have central heating, but use it very little - woodburner and a very small house = amazingly cosy.

Even when we have the lovely double glazing and shutters fitted, we will have condensation and I'll keep my condescension for those attention seeking slummers who demand our sympathy.

PRATS 

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.